toddler-ville and chalk

5.22.2013

This is what 14 months looks like, yo.













Aw, my cutie vivian. She sure is a riot these days. I love hanging out with that feisty girl!

Today, She is 14 months old, and I can't even wrap my head around it.
Lately she is growing so dang fast I can't even keep ahead of all the cute things she's doing lately, so I have to write them down so I never forget them. Her personality just keeps getting funnier and funnier, if that is even possible. She is a HAM! A total crack up. The older she gets, the more aware she is that everyone watches her and she just shows off and laughs that she is making us laugh, and then keeps doing it. She walks up to strangers like it's her business, tips her head to the side and says hi with the most adorable smile you have EVER seen on a miniature face.

I can't get enough of her. So here are the things I have to remember about right now (and the past 2 months)

She absolutely loves chalk. We have buckets and buckets of it, and she will go out on our front porch for an hour or more, just moving chalk out of one bucket into another, and then onto the ground and then back into buckets, drawing little lines whenever she can. We do it almost every single day, and our sidewalks are colorful and our neighbors probably hate us.

 photo PicMonkeyCollage1_zps1a2ce47f.png

 photo IMG_1584_zps481cfc01.jpg

 photo IMG_1593_zps4fe91850.jpg

 photo IMG_1599_zpsd4ed433c.jpg

 photo IMG_1617_zps67e812b9.jpg

 photo IMG_1600_zps0caaed2e.jpg

She is still mimicking everything, but sometimes it surprises me what she picks up on. Like when I blow my nose, she will grab a piece of toilet paper from the roll and make a sniffing noise into it. Cracks me up, that little human.

And my girl...she is obsessed with kids. She is so friendly and so outgoing. She wants to play with the big kids so bad and tries to do everything they are doing. I hope she never loses her happy, outgoing personality. It's one of my favorite things about her.

Loves her accessories so much it kind of worries me. Without fail, she is always wearing necklaces, bracelets, trying on my shoes, trying to wear my hair clips, and wearing my bras and belts as necklaces. I swear I don't teach her this. I hardly even wear jewelry. She even loves watching me put makeup on and then using my brushes to brush her face.


 photo IMG_1660_zpsd8ed4fd6.jpg


I've got a litlte fish on my hands, because this girl loves to swim, and I love her little body in swim suits. I can't get enough! Let's get it ON, summer!



I always knew she would be, but Viv is a talker (I am her mother, after all). She is always always always babbling. She says our names all the time now, and if we tell her to go get something or talk to her about a toy, she knows exactly what we're saying and tries to copy us most of the time. Right now, I think she can say dog, cat , again and uh oh...it's just a little jumbled still, but she's got those first sounds down, and I usually can tell what she's saying.
She is obsessed with cats and dogs, and will always point one out on the street or at a park. She knows the sound for a dog, cat and cow, and will make the sounds when you ask, and I have to say, it is THE CUTEST. I love hearing her little raspy voice.

This last week she has learned where her tummy and eyes are and will point to them if you ask her (unless I try to get her to show off for other people...then she's just a tease and laughs at me with a mischevious look on her face. I can't make this stuff up!)

She is in a forward facing car seat and loving it. And so am I. How the heck are we supposed to keep these kids facing backwards until they're two? Mind boggling and torturous to boot. Ugh.


Viv has perfected the art of the fake smile and the fake cough. She knows that I will always turn around and look at her when she's coughing, smart little thing. It is so funny.

She likes to do everything on her own, especially if it involves eating. She eats so much more if I give her a fork to eat with, and she's pretty dang good at maneuvering that thing!

 photo IMG_1631_zpsabd5c058.jpg

I know it's the age, but she is in love with doing repetitive things. She likes pushing buttons, car locks, and the doorbell whenever we pass them, and you can always find her opening and closing doors in the house. Along with moving chalk around, she also loves taking laundry out of the basket and onto the floor, and then putting it all back into the basket again. She could move things in and out of containers for hours. Some call it child labor...but I all it AWESOME.



BUT, my most favorite of all favorite things about Vivian right now is the way she sniffs flowers. She learned when we were singing Popcorn Popping one day, and then I taught her to smell flowers...and....OMG. Her face gets all scrunched up and she blows air out of her nose over and over again. It's such a serious business. Her faces and stance just kill me.

Look! Just look!


 photo IMG_1622_zpsbd360002.jpg

 photo IMG_1620_zps40af74c9.jpg

 photo IMG_1623_zps1e59bc6e.jpg

We just love this little girl. I have loved this year with her so so much. Who woulda thought such a spunky little person could even exist? Blows my mind how much personality is packed into her chunky miniature body. Babies are funny like that, right? I don't know if I can even technically call her a baby anymore....sad day. Toddler seems way too old to even consider saying it out loud....so, I won't.

 photo IMG_1639_zps44e8579a.jpg
^^^also...what's up with the freakish hair bump? This isn't Utah, people!^^^

 photo IMG_1650_zps538e84f6.jpg

 photo IMG_1653_zps74a39c65.jpg

And with this crazy fake smile of hers and her two chalk buckets, this mom post has reached its end.

 photo IMG_1643_zpsbfaa8333.jpg

ps: i am kind of sorrynotsorry for these really cliche and gaggy mom posts. How boring right? Ok, no. Not boring. I knew it.

4 comments:

  1. omg, those flower sniffing pics just kill me. what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. her little fake smile. i'm dying. i love all these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so stinkin cute! I love your "mom" posts. Keep'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is such a little cutie!

    Shannon
    http://GBOfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

beard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger