Curly Sue

3.20.2013

There was a little girl, who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead.
And when she was good, she was very very good.
but when she was bad, she was horrid!

PicMonkey Collage

IMG_0625

IMG_0635





IMG_0656


IMG_0657



IMG_0660

My family used to sing that song to my littlest sister when she was in her terrible two stage and we wanted to tease her to tears. She had a raging attitude and a temper to match.. Whenever we sang that little song, it made her livid. Even at two, she had learned to slam her door and yell at us that we were "DUMB AS ROCKS!"

The funniest thing about it? 
She didn't even have curly hair.
Straight as sticks.

Vivian on the other hand...Well, she is a Curly Sue. I've been getting all weepy and nostalgic this last week because my baby is turning ONE on Friday....and overnight she has turned into a cute, opinionated, hilarious toddler. I don't think she has ever been more adorable...or more grown up. I find myself trying to cuddle her like a baby, feed her bottles, get her attached to blankies and stuffed animals so that I can get a faint whiff of baby back into her little vivacious self.

But she is just too far gone. She is growing up, and she loooooves it.
And I am so so sad about it. Mostly.

Gosh. It's true what they say.
It really does fly by, and now I'm realizing that my baby is only a baby once. ONCE!
And there I was, a mere 11 months ago, wishing it away.

Now, I'm not saying that I want those 4-5 months back of pure hell that was Viv as a newborn...oh no. I shudder and have nightmares when I think of having another one.

But oh, how I wish I wouldn't have taken for granted the snuggles and sleepy eyes and stationary lump of baby on my chest whenever I wanted. I wish I wouldn't have wished it away.

Anyway!
The point of this?
Well, I am in love with Vivian's wildly curly hair.

I MEAN LOOK AT IT!

1 comments:

  1. Love those baby curls! And that little bum!
    Shannon
    http://GBOfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

beard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger