weighed and measured

1.02.2013


Since just yesterday, I have been so inspired by blogs and friends talking about lofty new years resolutions that I decided to actually make some legit resolutions of my own ( a few days late).

At first I though I was way too awesome to make resolutions (read: I always break mine and I've been too lazy to think of ways to better myself lately), but then people start talking around me and I realized that maybe I'm not above making resolutions.

So, instead of my vague attempt at resolutions from my last post, here are some real resolutions that can be weighed and measured:

:: I'll start going to the gym regularly (as in 4-5 times a week) and eating healthy again (as in cooking more, eating out less, and minimal amounts of sugar). (DAMN YOU Ashley for making me feel guilty!)

:: Through the year, I have been shamelessly inspired by C.Jane's journey of writing her captivating life story, as well as a few other writing blogs I have encountered. The writing club I started earlier this year was just an excuse for me to start writing and not feel stupid about it. Now, my so-called writing club will just be a reminder for me to keep writing for myself. (possibly start writing scenes from my life) as well as provide a place for others to write the stuff that they want to write down. I am a firm believer in the written word and the therapeutic qualities it provides. I have also been convinced that all stories, no matter how difficult or scary, deserve to be documented in one way or another. I have stories that I want to write down. And this year, I'm not going to be afraid to do it.  In short, I want to write something of value at least once a week.

:: I would like to get better at journaling. I keep a little journal for Vivian with scraps of hair and little clothes of hers. I have been neglecting that as well as my own personal journal. For this year, I want to document, and document hard. (that's what she said).

:: One of my biggest resolutions that I want to keep this year is to take a few classes. Two in particular: a creative writing class and a photography class.

:: I want to use my newly-learned, self-taught knitting skills to knit an entire blanket (Bona-fide hipster right here!)

:: I want to read Les Miserables (Because the movie pretty much changed my life and I cannot get the story out of my head). Speaking of lofty reading goals, I would really like to challenge myself to read more. Before having a baby, I devoured books (not literally). Now....well my brain kind of just likes to slide into a vegetative state and I put off reading for another day. No more!

:: Lastly, I really want to find what the potential of this little bog of mine. I want to find the focus of it; or rather find the focus of me and what I am passionate about. Still trying to figure that one out.

:: Oh. wait. Lastly lastly: I was serious about working on being positive and looking at the bright side of things. My little family and have some big changes and challenges ahead of us, and I have been really negative and scared of them. BUT! I am determined to find the silver lining in all of it. Hold me to it! Because as I've said before, I am a pessimist at heart, and I hate that.



So, there you have it. Lofty goals of twenty thirteen ( a little belated). Care to share yours?

**Ps: I'm guest posting over here today about life lessons I learned in 2012. Hop over and read it if you like!**

2 comments:

  1. i love that you picked goals that could really be measured, i fear mine are a bit vague - but we'll see how it goes! i blogged about them here: http://peonyforyourthought.blogspot.com/2013/01/cheers-to-2013.html

    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elyse! Stefani is Kurt's (my husband) cousin! Small world right??? Love this post. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

beard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger