2012: a weird year.

1.01.2013

Two Thousand Twelve.
Not my favorite, but you had your moments.
Want the skinny? Here you go:

Hit 30 weeks in a pregnancy that seemed to last forever

Photobucket

Put together a freaking adorable nursery on a tight budget

Photobucket

Put up with neighbors doin' it a million times at 3 in the morning.

Was reminded again of the amazing friends I have when they threw me the cutest little baby shower known to man.

Photobucket

HAD A BABY NAMED VIVIAN BEARD AND WROTE ABOUT IT!! My mom stayed with us for a few weeks after and helped out so so so much. Before I went into labor, she took me to get a pedicure, ate crepes with me, deep cleaned my house and did my grocery shopping. She was my lifesaver.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Learned how to be a mom here and  here,

Photobucket

Photobucket

Had a really hard time loving my new role, here. And especially here...and here....(whew! rough year!)

Photobucket

Celebrated our third anniversary-- it was probably the lamest one in existence. Pshh to babies.

Photobucket

Gave our sweet Vivian a blessing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

In light of my new role as a mom, I tried to relearn who I am

Was really affected by sad happenings and realized how precious moments are

Photobucket

Totally got high on pain meds (accidentally) for the first time ever and then caught it on video!

Photobucket

Signed up for my first running event ever and had a blast getting colorful with friends.

Photobucket

Had an amazing summer full of baseball, camping, weddings, reunions, friends and BBQ's. My SIL even got baptized! This summer was one of my very favorites. Towards the end of it, Vivian turned a corner and became a semi-angel and my life started looking up. It was the best time of my year.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
 I found the perfect job

Learned to never ever ever say never.

Started really loving my baby (finally!) and realized what being a mom is really all about. Viv started eating solids, sitting up, standing, getting pig tails, getting sleep trained and being an all-around smiley happy baby. We finally found out that she had food allergies, and after getting her on a special formula, she changed! It was the best thing that could have happened to us this year! Around 6 months, she also sprouted two little bottom teeth, started cheesing it up, and started doing her famous trick of rolling her R's when she's happy (I've got to show you guys a video of that soon. It's amazing!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I got the balls to start my very own Writing Club! (which never really worked, but hey! points for trying!)

Had a lot of fun in October (I think it wins as my favorite month this year in terms of good babies and fun times). Vivian was Little Red Riding Hood for Halloween, which naturally led towards a themed costume year in which I was a granny and Dale was the Big Bad Wolf.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket 

Photobucket

We also got to visit family in Utah during the fall.

Photobucket

And don't forget this: my friends and I threw the most epic Halloween party ever.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Came clean about marriage and stuff before and ESPECIALLY after a baby.

Dale played in a legit baseball tournament and was totally hott at it.

Photobucket

My narcissism reached a whole new level when I started doing fashion posts.

Photobucket

And to top all records, I almost got some gay guys to switch teams...if you get my drift.

Photobucket

To end the year, we hosted a fondue Christmas party, I had an epiphany about Christmas and what it really means to me, and we did lots of Christmasy stuff. Vivian had her first Christmas and loved eating all of the wrapping paper. In December, I turned 24 and she turned 9 months old. She decided she still doesn't want to crawl and is almost walking all by herself.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As 2012 comes to a close, I will always remember it as the year that made me a mother, the year that I started being brave, and the year that I will always hold in a kind of awesome fear, because it was tough.

 I will even go so far as to say that 2012 was one of my hardest, most trial-filled years to date.
Unfortunately, most of my trials that came about this year probably won't even be resolved in 2013, but I think that since I am still alive and kicking after that daunting task of dealing with Vivian for her first 4 month of life, I can probably handle whatever crap 2013 decides to throw my way.

In way of resolutions...well last year I said that I wanted to keep a baby alive for the year (CHECK!) and get my body back (SEMI CHECK!). I think it's the first time I've ever come close to finishing a New Year's Resolution.

And this year? I resolve to write more, worry less, take pictures and foster new hobbies. I resolve to be kind, look on the bright side, and be happy. But if nothing else, 2012 gave me Vivian Beard; the busiest, prettiest, funniest, sweetest, cheeseballiest bluest-eyed baby girl I know.

Photobucket

Can't beat that, can ya?

Happy New Year!
And may all your resolutions actually make it to 2014!

Read last year's review.

2 comments:

  1. Great recap..Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

beard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger