darling denim dames

12.07.2012

Happy Friday peeps.

Tonight I'm throwing a fondue party with my two new fondue pots and myself. And I'm just really excited about it.
Because fondue is legit. And so is denim on denim.

Not quite sure when this trend became acceptable again, because I'm pretty sure that it was a faux pas just a little while ago. Like, back in the '90s when denim on demin is all that families wore in their family pictures. with their golden retriever and deep side parts, doing the serious look while contemplating the horizon.

Either way, it's here, and here to stay. At least for a while.
So I intend to take full advantage of this once-dorky-but-now-fashion-forward trend.

The fashion gods just need to make up their minds.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
top: Target (old, similar here)// jeans: American Eagle (similar)// loafers: Target (old, similar here)// necklace: Downeast Basics (old) // Bracelets: Forever 21 // Lipstick: NARS Schiap


And now for a family photo:

Photobucket
via
that's me, second one from the top. 

So I say again, happy Friday, you darling denim dames.

8 comments:

  1. love your denim on denim look! and that necklace is super cute. i bought a "chambray" shirt that now i fear is more denim than chambray...i keep trying to pump myself up to wear it and then chickening out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gorgeous you know? And I love the denim on denim (of course). Also, this picture at the end is quite unnerving...Is the person on top a girl or a boy? Who are these three men at the bottom? Brothers? Father, sons? Brotherhusbands?

    Have you seen the nude version of this picture? I'm sure you have, its life changing. Maybe an idea for a future fashion trend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. That picture. I laughed so hard but then immediately realized it actually kind of scares me. Then I read the comment above mine and it's so true...girls? boys? what are their relationships? that is just so....unsettling.

    You are beautiful though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elyse I have a denim shirt with tags.. still in the bag.. I have had it for months and can't figure out if I like it or not.. or how to style it. I am bringing it to Cedar in hopes you will help me and this shirt:) Sound good??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning my friend!!! Love your style! Thanks for making me laugh! That family pic at the bottom is hilarious! It's baffling to me that some of those poses were even acceptable! Haha so I hope all of us try and go to lunch dinner or something!? Let me know when you get o town! I'll be there 18-26 Millie and viv need to get together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does this mean we can look forward to the comeback of denim jumpers? I was beginning to lose hope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are gorgeous! I might just have to try this denim on denim. Not sure I can pull it off like you do though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, my dear! And I'm just a little jealous that you're having a fondue party. I'm thinking I'll be asking for fondue pots for Christmas...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

beard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger