A Fondue Christmas

12.13.2012

HOLLA, my home skillets!

It is currently 1 AM and I'm about to tell you about fondue.
Remember how much I looooove FONDUE??

Like, I want to marry it. Remember last year when I was hugely pregnant and Dale took me on a fondue date and I ate myself silly?

I don't know why, but I just really love skewering things on sticks and dipping them into glorious delciousness and eating them.
Dipping is fun. Even double dipping is fun when you fondue it.

So Dale and I recently acquired a couple of fondue pots, courtesy of our second annual Christmas Countdown. Dale surprised me with them because he knows my undying love for stuff like that.

It was supposed to be a fondue date night where Dale and I made cheese and chocolate fondue and fed it to each other in candlelight while fonduing it. (HA!), but instead we decided that maybe it would be cool to throw a party. An Ugly Christmas Sweater Fondue Christmas party, in which we would eat fondue, wear ugly Christmas sweaters and be merry. Because would you believe it? I've never hosted a party in my entire life. EVER.

So I did. And it actually didn't fail! And I wasn't even worried about it! Usually I'm freaking out about how to entertain people and it gets awkward real quick because I start doing the fast talk and loud laugh...and ya...

So some people came over, and brought their babies and fetuses and ugly sweaters too:

Photobucket

And chatted!

Photobucket

And there were glitter tipped feathers!

Photobucket

And food!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And babies that flirted!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also, a doe-eyed reindeer that liked to kill people with cuteness made an appearance:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And that same little doe-eyed baby liked to hang out on people's laps and slobber on their jewelry (sorry Amy).

Photobucket

Photobucket


And anyway, there was lots of cheese dipping and chocolate dipping and all kinds of stuff in between. And I have to say, you can't really beat dipping food into a big pot of carbs or sugared deliciousness. Just sayin'

Photobucket

Behold: The famous Christmas vest, fondly known as The Vest, and also those killer biceps that wear it (courtesy of a certain ginger manly man I currently sleep with).

Photobucket


Oh. And portrait pictures! There were pictures, because the ugly Christmas sweater-ness had to be documented.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And if you were wondering, we actually literally do have stick figure friends named Ashley and Alden. It's kind of amazing that they even get around with their "condition", so I'm glad they could come to the party. But I think it's just one of the many reasons we're friends with those wonderful Aikele stick people. They are quite the handsome couple (NEXT TIME GET YOUR PICTURE TAKEN YOU GUYS!).

Photobucket

So anyway.
Ya.
That was that.

I'm telling you, if you only throw one party in your whole entire lifetime, throw a party that includes a fondue. Because....it was kind of awesome.

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals!


http://picasion.com/split-animated-gif/

3 comments:

  1. And happy new year too!! Haha what an AMAZING PARTY!! LOVED the glitter feathers perfect touch! Looks like the party was a hit! Wish you were my neighbor so I could borrow an ugly sweater for a party later tonight!! You are gorgeous by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we have a re-do where my fetus stays intact? So mad to have missed this. I hope you all got food poisoning. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. The baby flirting made me laugh out loud. LOL, if you will.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

beard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger