writer wednesdays: presidential to-do list

11.07.2012

Well, I can't say I'm at all thrilled to have a condescending liar in office for four more years, but congratulations Obama. You fooled America once again. Shame on us.

I've been interested to see the people who have been "so over the political stuff", and say to "just say nice things" about our once-again president,


But:

I'm nothing if not honest on this blog.
And I'll tell you what. I am mortified that Obama is president again, and all I can say is I have no idea what possessed people to vote for him. I also think that America is America because we have the choice to like who we like and say it. I'm taking the liberty to say it. Loud. And if you don't like it? Well, sorry. Because I put up with listening to false Obama crap every day. Someone needs to say it like it is, and people just need to get over it.




With that said, I do believe that the world will go on, but I don't believe that it will be easy. I do believe that we as Americans need to band together under God and fight for what we believe is right, but I don't believe Obama has the same sentiments, no matter what he says. I feel unsuppressed pride to be an American with the right to vote, but I sure as hell don't feel like my freedoms are safe with Barack Obama as the leader of our country. And I do believe in praying for the leaders of our country, because I believe that God is the ONLY one that can help us out of this mess in the next four years. I hope Obama pulls his head out.

But that's about all the politics you'll hear from me.

Except this:

Today's prompt?

The president's personal to-do list
or maybe we could do what's on the First Lady's honey-do list. YOU CHOOSE.

click here to read submissions
or email me (see contact tab at the top of the blog) to be part of writing club.

(ps: we could have a discussion about the election, or we just PLEASE don't have to. I have strong feelings about the latest election, but I respect people who exercise their right to vote, and I'm sorry if you disagree with me. But let's not hash it out in an internet war, ok? I'm so over that.)

(pps: for some reason, I feel a little nervous posting this in fear of offending people, but when I think about it, how is that fair? Why should we always worry about offending someone with our true beliefs? If you have different views than me, let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.)

6 comments:

  1. Elyse, I too sometimes get nervous that saying how I feel might "offend" people. Thanks for having the courage to voice what you believe in! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I offend people on a regular basis. You'll quit being nervous about it after awhile and just be irritated that people are so dang sensitive. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this post is awesome! So many people hold their true feelings back because they're afraid of offending someone. While I think it's important to be considerate of others...it's also important to be real! So no worries. :-)

    http://www.missjoandco.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today I have felt more sadness than I have in a long time due to the outcome of the election!.. I agree with what you said. You're great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for having the courage to write this! I agree, we are too often quick to hold in our opinion because we will offend when we truly believe it in our hearts to be right or true.
    I cried last night, and sometimes sobbed. I'm nervous for the world my kids will grow up in. But I think our children are strong-willed and were born right now for a purpose. We will be okay. Love you Elyse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen to everything you just said...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

beard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger