writer wednesdays: Halloweenie

10.31.2012


Happy Halloweenie!

What are you guys doing tonight for Halloween? Stealing candy from babies? Causing mischief? Dressing up in something fabulous?
For us, I think tonight calls for some caramel popcorn and an old classic horror movie 
(Wait Until Dark anyone?). 
And I might just dress up in my Roaring 20's costume. Just because I loved it so much.

ps: Some friends and I threw a roaring 20's costume party that was THE BEE'S KNEES! THE CAT'S PAJAMAS! I can't wait to show you how it all turned out. Until then, enjoy these teaser pics from my instagram.




Anyway...on to writing club business:

Guys, I'm gonna be totally honest...I haven't been able to do the prompts for the last couple of weeks. I have been so crazy busy with party planning, party attending, traveling and taking care of a sickish baby that I've neglected these last couple of weeks. I have been sparingly working on my short story, but it's not quite done yet either (how are yours coming?). So...ya. I'm officially the worst writing club president ever. There. I said it.

With that sad confession made, here's the deal. 
There haven't been a lot of writing submissions in the last couple of weeks, and frankly our writing group is getting pretty sad.

So I've been thinking about how to get people interested and submit their writing, but I'm coming up blank. Do you have any ideas or suggestions for me? I would like to keep this going, but I would also love it if more people wanted to do it to.  How are you liking it so far? And if you're not doing it, why not? Too boring? Too geeky? Stupid prompts? Is once a week too often? Would you like to submit your own prompts for people to write about? 

I'm also toying with the idea of maybe starting to write my personal history. Maybe writing club could have one prompt a month dedicated to a life story? Thoughts?


Anyway, this week, we should have some Chris Van Allsburg short stories come in, Superstition essays, and Talking Cat essays. I think this week will be a catch up week. If you haven't written something and want to, start working on it!

You can read Writing Club essays here.
And you can join by emailing me your email address 
elyse.beard@gmail.com


Until next week...
 (and a new president!) 
(are you voting for Mitt?)
(please say yes.)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Wait Until Dark is the best. I forgot how much I love that movie. I just ordered it from the library online :)

    I love writing club! Wednesdays just roll around so fast that I haven't had time to participate! Maybe every other week? Or short prompts and long prompts or something...I like the month long deadline for a short story, that type of thing.

    Your'e the best writing club president I've ever had. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh haven't written a story yet but love the idea and the stories I read! Keep it up girl! I just need to find more time so I can be creative and write something!! You are the greatest pres! Don't ever compare yourself Obama...even if you tried to you couldn't be that bad! Ha love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved doing the group. Maybe one to two prompts a month and I like the variety of prompts you have been doing...you are a good prez.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

beard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger