Writer Wednesday: a top five

10.03.2012

This week, I've had a hard time coming up with how to write about last week's prompt. I actually think that last week's prompt has the potential to be deep and pretty involved. So, I think I'm going to extend it for another week. If you're doing it, you can submit your work by next Wednesday.

Besides that little tidbit, I want to talk about books.

Reading and writing go hand in hand to me. I get a lot of ideas for writing styles, feels and imagery from the books that I read. Books by nature are inspiring.

Originally, I was thinking of doing a top five list of my favorite books, but there is no way I could ever narrow it down to five. Or ten. Or twenty. To me, every book is different and awesome in some way. I really could never compare them.

I have a million favorite books. But here are some of the books I love that come to mind.

in no particular order:

1. The Thirteenth Tale


It's mysterious and well-written all in one. It's a little hard to get into, but after the first 100 pages or so, i really couldn't put it down. one of my favorite books by far.


2. The Giver

I can't say enough about this book. I think it is so interesting, and the best dystopian society book I've read. I love the symbolism in this book.


3. Fahrenheit 451:

 Ray Bradbury is my hero. If you're into weird sci-fi books and love the way Bradbury writes, then you will love this book.


4. The Thief of Always: 

I have always been intrigued by this book. It's one of the first adult books I ever read. I'm a sucker for fantasy books, and the idea behind this story is creepy and amazing. it's not very well known, so I love recommending this book to people. Read it!


5. The Book Thief

Need I say more? Markus Zusak is a freaking genius with words. His imagery cannot be beat. If you need more proof of this, read his other book called I am the Messenger. Wow.

These are just a few that I thought of tonight. When I talk about books, I seriously could go on for days. Have you read any of these?

Anyway, I'm always in the market to find new books.
So I want to know:

What are some of your favorite books? Do you have a top five? Or Can you even begin to narrow it down?


We will start with a new prompt next week. Stay tuned because next week's prompt is going to be AWESOME. So leave me your email if you haven't already so you can be part of the writing group!!

2 comments:

  1. Book Thief is at the top of my list. I love him. I am reading his book called The Underdogs right now and it is pretty good as well. He is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything by Willa Cather...but from what you mentioned she might not be your style. :) Also Ella Enchanted has been one of my favorite books since I was in high school--it's YA, but I still love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

beard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger