writer wednesdays: getting personal

9.26.2012


This week, I'm posting my favorite entry from last week's prompt, You are a serial killer. What shows are on your DVR and why?. We had some dang good entries this time, and I seriously laughed at all of them. They were all so creative and unique! I'm loving where this writing group is going. I love being inspired by so many creative minds. 

Serial Killer Essay 

My job

Unconventional

Ridding beings of this world

 who shouldn’t be here

at least I don’t think they should be

I don’t like to believe anyone loves them



My favorite

Death by poison

I watch them

Struggle

Shrivel up

Fight for air

And then

Nothing



If that doesn’t work

Fast enough

I remove limbs

One

By

One

Then apply pressure

Slowly

Firmly

Snap

Nothing



Sometimes I save

Unique killings

To remember the experience

There is a way

To store things

Without

Stench



After a full day

I need rejuvenation

TV always helps

Preferably

“So You Think You Can Dance”

I watch only
The judges

Specifically

Mary Murphy

Her voice

Chalk on chalkboard

Nothing makes

Me want to

Kill more than

That voice



So I fast forward

To her

Cackle

Rewind

Cackle

Rewind

Cackle

RAGE



Suddenly

My phone rings

No doubt

Jobs

For the next day

I’m ready for it

I tap accept

In my most

Professional voice

I say

“Serial Killer Bug Extermination

How may I help you?”

How great huh? When I first started reading this, I was like "uh...this is creepy..." and then I got to the bottom and died from laughter. Thanks for letting me showcase your work Maddie!

So remember, if you want to be added to the writing group so that you can share your writing or just read other peoples', send me an email at elyse{dot}beard{at}gmail{dot}com, or leave a comment. So far, I have sent out an invitation for the group to everyone who has emailed me or left a comment, so if you haven't received an invitation email, please email me again....I have already messed up once. It could happen again because of my space brain. I would love for more people to start submitting! It's so fun to read!

If you have any questions about google groups, check out this post.

And now for this week's prompt, let's get personal:

The moment you knew you were no longer a child

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I loved your essay too. Your description in the lightblub scene is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was hilarious! i was so concerned until i got to the "so you think you can dance part." well done maddie!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

beard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger