today was weird

7.18.2012

hey guys.

Today was the weirdest of the weird.

I have this weird neck/back thing that sporadically happens every six months, hurts worse than the dickens could ever imagine, and basically it makes me totally disabled. I can't do one thing because I turn into a pain-filled hunched-over statue of excruciating pain. It screws me over for a good 4 days and then i'm back to normal. It's totally sporadic and I really can't find any rhyme or reason to what causes it. I just wake up in the morning and BAM! it's there to say "your week is about to get REEEEEEAAAALLLL crappy, and good morning". It has been happening off and on since high school. I have gone to doctors and physical therapists and chiropractors and no one, not one person has fixed me, made me feel better, or told me what was wrong with me. So that sucks and makes me hate doctors.

And that weirdy neck/back thing happened today. Yay.

It was always ok before, because I could just hole up in my house and lay on my back with ice and watch endless amounts of TV, but now that I have a mini human, it's kind of impossible to just lay there and veg. Impossible I tell you. 

So between me turning-my-whole-body-to-turn-my-head fiasco, and trying to take care of a baby who is clingy and squirmy, Dale stayed home from work and made me go to the Emergency Room so we could get a real doctor to look at it while the pain was at its worst.

So that's what we did. And I felt extremely stupid, because I hate going there unless my arm is falling off, but Dale made me. He made me!

SO.

As a result, the doctors did what they do best: 
Didn't tell me anything new, asked for a lot of money and prescribed me some drugs.

Really awesome drugs. And they even worked!
My neck feels mucho a lot better.

AS A RESULTTTTTTTT::::::

I present to you, the video where I am high. 
Also known as: Elyse-is-a-chatterbox-when-she-is-under-the-influence-and-never-shuts-up-therefore-resulting-in-an-11-minute-video-that-you-don't-have-to-watch-but-should-if-you-want-to-laugh-really-hard.

ELEVEN MINUTES!
Who knew I could talk so much.
I didn't even know I had such a wealth of knowledge and snarky comments.

You really don't have to watch it. As a warning, it's weird.
And I am super annoying. More so than usual.


Two points to this post:

1. I am currently not under the influence, although it might seem to be the case. Pinky swear!
2. Sometimes I wish I was a pot head, because it sure was fun.

9 comments:

  1. Last time I went to the ER (on one of my frequent visits) they gave me demurral? Anyway the drug that KILLED Micheal Jackson. It was the best trip of my life. Jackson was talking to me and I had a blank stare on my face for an hour. It was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. Message to Dale.....never let her take those again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what you are talking about... this is the Elyse I know and love, crazy little miss chatty pants ;). Haha you are hilarious. Sorry about your neck. That is no bueno. For the record... you are an EXCELLENT interviewer and I also think you'd be a fabulous fashion blogger. If you ever want some glamor shots you just let me know. And one more thing... I think I like the necklace you are wearing, but to be fair I didn't get a good look at the other necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha...still laughing. Oh my goodness. That was a bunch of randomness. So funny! Does Dale just think you were so hilarious? And Viv pulled some awesome faces, at perfect times. She is so adorable! Loves. And get feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so disappointed right now that I can't watch videos online at work!

    I'm not going to pretend to know what you're going through, but I have chronic back pain and get occasional flare-ups that are awful. The only thing that seems to make me feel better is if I stretch at least once a day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the elyse I know and love! That brought back so many memories of bus trips and the block! Haha it is so good to actually see my friend in human form. ;) you look amazing...viv is a doll and I just am so glad you got some medication to help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha love this. Pretty sure we would be great friends, high in meds or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha love this. Pretty sure we would be great friends, high in meds or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahah I just watched all eleven minutes of that. I think you need a tv show?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

beard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger