guac...a molay! guac, guac a molay!

7.11.2012

Basically, there is nothing better than good guacamole and some chips to go with it. I consider it the epitome of summer dips (even better than skinny dips. Which, by the way, are hard to beat, if you were wondering).

So, one day as I was searching the intranets for a good guac recipe right around cinco de mayo, I came across this really awesome recipe. 

And guess what? it's delicious. to die for. dare I say it? orgasmic. And you know how I am about food like that.

Anyway, since me and el bloggo are back on good terms, I figured I would give out this coveted recipe. I won't even leave any ingredients out! (I have an aunt who does that. Do you know people who do that? Do YOU do that?). I would advise you to maybe double it. Or triple it. It really depends on how much you want to hide away for yourself.


And don't pretend that you guys don't do that.
So let's get to it.



Firstly, you take three perfectly ripe avocados.


Dice them up real nice like and throw them into a bowl. Then you mash them. Only a little though; The point is to have nice chunks of avocado. I guess you could mash them all the way if you're into that sort of thing.

After you mash them, you put in a little teaspoon of sea salt. It has to be sea salt. 

You also juice one lime and throw that in there too. 


ANNNNNDDDDD mix.

that's it!

haha.
just kidding.

You have to chop up a clove of garlic really fine, along with a roma tomato. I'll be honest, I don't know which tomato is which, so I just put in any kind. Also, the real recipe calls for 2 tomatoes, but the Elyse recipe only calls for one. If you like tomatoes, put in three. If you're gross. Oh, and for future reference, dice these tomatoes pretty small. It's better that way.


Then you dice up a red onion and some fresh cilantro, throw everything in the bowl with the chunky avocados, and mix gently. But the key to this recipe is to add a few (or a lot) of dashes of Cholula hot sauce. It gives it a nice kick. That and the lime are what make this guac divine. 

(I bet you didn't know I was a poet as well as a orgasmic recipe connesuier, did you? Well, now you do.)


After all that work, you stick it in a pretty bowl and let it sit in the fridge for a good hour.
Then you pull out the chips, sit your cute little booty down and watch Downton Abbey or a re-run of Lost. Or maybe pull it out at a party and just bask in the compliments this guac will bring in.

Here's the technical recipe from Tasty Kitchen:

Prep Time: 1 hour
Serves: 4-6

Ingredients:

3 whole, ripe avocados, diced
1 whole lime, juiced
1 teaspoon sea salt, more or less to taste
1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
2 whole Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
3 tablespoons red onion, diced small
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped more or less to taste
2 dashes Cholula hot sauce, more or less to taste


Preparation Instructions:

In a large bowl, slightly mash the avocado pieces. Then add the lime juice and sea salt, and toss. NExt add the pressed (or minced) garlic, chopped roma tomatoes, red onion and cilantro. Toss gently. Add desired amount of Cholula and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. 

Note: for a spicier guacamole, add fresh or pickled jalapeno. 


Now, go forth young grasshoppers, and impress your mothers in law.

" />

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this sounds AMAZING! I am totally making your version asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to make this! I have missed my friends amazing and hilarious posts...also don't ever stop posting pics of viv. Remember I haven't met her yet so I need pics! She is absolutely darling and you are gorgeous... I think I'm jealous of your amazing fashion! Glad you are back on the web! You were missed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll admit that sometimes I just make it with avocado, lime, cilantro, and salt when I don't want to cut anything up. Is that still guacamole?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

beard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger