color me happy and stuff

7.26.2012

Have you ever heard of a color run?

Not the kind of color run that happens in your washing machine.
No.

This is a run, with color.
They like, throw colored dust at you while you are running a 5K.

It is seriously awesome.

Now, I'm not a runner, but I do know this: I love to get dirty 
(not like that! Get your mind out of the gutter!).

I would love to be in an ultimate food fight, wrestle in mud, have a paint war. I love that kind of stuff. So when I heard about this Color Run in San Francisco, I had to do it.

So I did it with some friends.
Team name: "Is Butter a Carb?" 
(and no, in case you were wondering, butter is not a carb. It's all fat.) (name that movie!)
Length: 5K/ 3 ish miles Not bad at all.
Location: Candlestick Park in San Francisco

It was a BLAST. One of the funnest things I have done in a long time.
I could not stop smiling the entire time, and I tried to get as colorful as possible.

I inhaled so much colored dust that if you cut me open, Grey's Anatomy style, you would find some rainbow lungs in me, I'm pretty sure.

Anyway, this here is called a picture overload. I took my camera into the abyss of color, and got some really cool shots, even if it is only a point and shoot.






The first wave of color was pink....I think.



 Then the 2nd K was yellow:




Then blue (my personal favorite):




And orange:


 Looking around the stadium, you could see big clouds of colored dust marking every kilometer. It made the running part a lot easier.


Anyway, at the end, we ended up colored to the max. Plus we had our own packets of color that we threw on ourselves and each other.


A big, colorful, COLOR FESTIVAL! With music! and colored dust! and some awesome dance moves! And a million pictures!!













It was FUN. More fun than I've had in a really long time. And we learned some valuable lessons. We learned that butter is NOT a carb, but a fat indeed, that even if we are all moms, we still got it (high school runners want to be our personal coaches), and that there are such things as concussion headbands.

Just don't ask. We met some crazy people after our race when we were getting some grub. All I have to say about that is that some people are just way too easy to make fun of right to their face without them knowing, and that even the most unexpected people know Mean Girls quotes.

So.
Color Run?

Do it.

5 comments:

  1. SO Fun! I'm bummed I didn't see you guys there, it was a blast! I'm jealous though, you got way more colored then we did, despite our efforts to try to get colorful. O-well, it was a blast either way. So glad you guys had fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So JEALOUS! That looks like a blast!!! They had one here in Omaha but I didn't find out until later...BOO! I love your guys' team name. haha Glad you got to go have some girl time...every mom needs it! OH and you look SO GOOD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for FB cuz thats how I found your blog :) LOVED this post and LOVED doing the color run with you girls! I'm so glad I got to do it, it was the perfect way to spend my last weekend in cali! :)
    Go Team Is Butter a Carb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some awesome pictures. I love that you documented each color as you ran through it. Thanks for initiating/planning something so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so FUN! I want to do one!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

beard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger