surprise birthdays. and a winner.

12.14.2011

Last weekend, I had my first legit surprise party.

It was the best thing ever.


I really had no idea.
at all.

I have this really cute friend who took it upon herself to plan and prepare the whole event. Between her, her husband, and my husband they had me fooled. And I'm usually super good at sniffing these kinds of things out.


We had a "Beard day party" (get it? birthday = beard day? har har) complete with photobooth, pin the beard games, and beards all around.

A lot of our new friends were there, and when they yelled surprise, I turned around and hit Dale. I don't know why that was my first reaction. I tend to turn toward violence when I'm embarrassed. So there you go.


And...we had fun at the photobooth too.


 don't mind my extremely fat face with horse teeth in every picture.
 I really need to hit up the gym. 



 This lovely couple are the two that planned this whole shenanigan. I have to say that this was one of the nicest, most sweetest and thoughtful things that anyone has ever done for me. If I hadn't been in such a weird dorky mood when we originally were going over to their house to "watch a movie", my pregnancy hormones would have made me cry at how thoughtful everyone was. We are so blessed to have met such wonderful people out here. Last year around this time, I had only been here for 2 weeks and didn't have a friend in the world. It was horrible. My birthday was only good because Dale took the day off of work for me. And now I have so many wonderful, fun, hilarious friends, and I love it.

anyway, it was epic. So so fun. Who knew that my last name could be the theme for a party? Beards are great, and I mean that in every way possible.

Now...what you've all been waiting for.

Drum roll please....................................................................................................................................


the winner of the giveaway is..........................................................................

wait for it..............................................................................



Congratulations Whitney! You will die from these cookies, they are the best.
Email me within the next couple days with your address and I will send it out!
elysebeard@hotmail.com

Thanks for everyone who entered! I have another giveaway in mind for the near future....so spread the word. It's baby related :)

Now I have a birth day to attend. D made me stuffed french toast this morning. It's gonna be a good day.

Peace out A-town.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday again! That really was a great party. Creative, great guests, and a fun birthday girl to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (late) Birthday!! That is seriously awesome to get a surprise birthday party! Don't feel bad - I turn to violence when I get super excited too. All my friends know to jump back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heck that looks like it was so much fun! I am so glad you had a great birthday! Surprise birthdays are the best...especially when you look cute like that! I want your shirt! I hope I get to see you during the holidays. We need a prego picture together! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you do the photo booth? I mean who took the pics? Was the camera setup on a tripod? Did they print the pics right then? I want this for a party I'm having but don't know how to actually take the pics without asking someone to stay at the camera all night. If you want you can email me shauntel122@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made one and it turned out amazing! I'm so glad for the inspiration! The people at my party were not as fun as yours though. Most of the pics are kind of lame like why do I have to do this? But a few were so fun. Lamest of all, my husband and I totally forgot to get get our pic taken together! Oh well what can you do?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm... these photo booth pics are cracking me up. Like seriously.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

beard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger