I'm realizing that I'm long winded

4.04.2011

I always post about my weekends. Mostly because we are trying really hard to make up for the lack thereof during busy season. I apologize for that. Most bloggers have like, cool provoking thoughts. I'll save mine for later. I'm talking General Conference here. I wanted to see what some of your favorite talks were. But that's for later, so start thinking about it.

I also have a question I'm debating, and I need your help. All of you. 

We also have a big announcement coming up that I'm getting antsy to announce, but we have to wait to see if it's really gonna happen. Then I can tell you ( I know that 99.99999% of you are thinking this is baby news. Sorry....it's not. You'll have to wait a little bit longer for that crap. Maybe until the end of your lives).

In other words...stay tuned until the end. If you want.


 A couple of girls and I went to the beach in Pacifica one day... And I'm pretty sure it was the most perfect day in the history of perfect days. Like Goldilocks perfect. Not too hot, not too cold. Juuuust right. No bears.
 And to me, who has lived in the barren desert of Utah my entire life, gridlocked by land, living by an ocean is kind of awesome. 


And then on the day of fools, my amazing visiting teacher called me with great news. She had a Groupon coupon for $50 bucks worth of free food at this cool little pub/restaurant called The Brazen Head in SF. She wanted to give it to us, because I'm "single", have energy, and they didn't want to drive into the city. We decided that single means you have no kids. It's pretty much the same thing. Except you have certain privileges when married vs. single...am I right ;)? Kind of like friends with benefits, except better. Anyway.... 

 We did a day in the city after Dale got off work. So, me and my Hipstamatic did some major damage. 
Behold.

 I finally got my little paws on some creme brulee after months of anguish. It was heaven. Giving me creme brulee is the way into my heart, friends. Take note.

 We also checked out the Ferry Building during the day. Right in time for all the cute little shops inside to close on us. I can't wait to go to the Farmer's Market there on Saturdays.



Anyway, this Brazen Head place was kinda ritzy. It's famous for being "the restaurant without a sign". It's only a green door on the corner of a street. I felt like a hick. Kind of. But the other half of me felt uppity because I tried to dress in my trendiest fashion, snag a hott date, and sit at the bar to drink H20 on the rocks, shaken, not stirred, while waiting for a table in the crowded, Diagon Alley-ish pub and eating escargo appetizers while stroking my mink furs. (Ok, it was meatballs). It had old-world, vintage feel, with ornate mirrors, and intimate little tables with low lighting. I didn't feel like asking the bar tender to take a picture of stuffy old us. I didn't want to look like I was from So. Utah or something. But really, I did want to take out my camera and snap pictures of every single wall in that bar. 
 
And I think Dale was embarrassed of me because I was enthralled with the bartenders and how they mixed drinks. It seems like quite the art, and I felt quite naive. I wish they dipped the rim of my water glass in sugar and dunked an olive in there or something equally pretentious.

So, that was a cool experience. Maybe someday you guys will be lucky enough to pet my mink furs too and eat escargo (meatballs) at the local pub. 

Now onto the debate. 

Guys. I think I need a change. A hair change. 
My hair is longer than it has ever been in my LIFE. I'm getting the feeling that it's getting a little scraggly, and that it's been the same for ages. I don't want to be the girl who's hair looks like everyone else's and is nothing that stands out. I'm falling into that category.

So, I know there are some of you who don't officially follow my blog and never comment, but still read it. I'm asking you now to comment. I need suggestions. What can I do? I tried the bangs thing once, and although I love it, it makes me look very Asian. Which isn't bad, but it's not a good look on my chubby little face. 

My hair is thick, frizzy, and wavy/curly.
I always go dark....the darker the better was always my motto. And I don't think I've changed that since Freshman year in high school.

 But now I was considering doing the red head/auburn thing as pictured below. This would be a major change, and I don't know if I could take the plunge. But my hair naturally has lots of red in it....so, thoughts? honest ones please. Love it? Hate it? Fence sitter?
(would it help your decision if I told you that when I Googled red heads, I got a lot of scandalous pictures that included lingerie-clad red heads? Obviously they have more fun. I got the message that they are hotter than thou)



Also, I was thinking of cutting it. I love my long locks. They make me feel uber sexy.
Still, Anne Hathaway looks hott like this. Maybe it's just the dress. I just always hate my hair when I cut it. It takes about 20 years off my face, which regresses me to about 5 years old. 

I think I need a change. Maybe a drastic one. So if you, YES YOU who reads this blog and never comments because you are embarrassed or something silly, just comment. I don't care if I don't know you. Let's be friends. I need your advice. 

9 comments:

  1. Here's advice from an old lady. I love your long hair!! As soon as you start having kids it will get shorter and shorter. Live it up while you're still "single." Maybe just take off a few inches and add some long layers or something. As for the color, I love darker - and I love REDHEADS. It would look great on you!!! Now about that baby news . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think you should try the red. I've tried it a couple of times with just a few red streaks, but always loved it and I think it would look even better on you! The problem, however, is that red fades really fast, so be prepared for lots of upkeep. As far as cutting it goes, I agree with Kelly. I chopped my hair off once and when I was growing it out I hated it when it got to that length. It always felt so blah. Professionals are good at making it look cute, but I had a really hard time doing anything at all with it. I say just shorten it up a little bit and throw in the layers! That is just my opinion, but I'm sure whatever you do will look absolutely fabulous! You always do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elyse, I miss you!
    But aside from that, here is my advice.
    I'm loving your ideas!! I can't speak from experience because sad to say, my hair is in the category of "nothing that stands out". BUT, Remember when Lauren was debating to chop off her hair. She went for it. and it looks so dang cute!!
    I say GO FOR IT!!
    Please dye your hair red like your picture… or
    like this…

    http://partners.static.cityvoter.com/GetImage.ashx?img=00/00/01/00/75/35/1007535-817922.jpg&w=400&pad=%23FFFFFF&cb=0

    I'm just really into the red right now :)

    Whatever you do you will look gorgeous though. You better post some pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elyse!
    I love The copper-red! It really would be so darling on you! I love the cut too, edgy but not too short. Do it!! It's only hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im with sara! need i say more? im holding a nursing baby :) if you thought you knew how to multi-task, think again. hopefully you'll jump on the band wagon soon. love you to pieces! and know youre gorgeous however you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elyse-
    You are so gorgeous, you could do whatever you wanted and it wouldn't change. I think the red would be a good change and really think you could pull it off. But I LOVE it long, so I definitely would NOT cut it short. Maybe a few inches (like 3-6) but not short. It's too pretty to chop it all off. If anything...start with the color...and if you still feel like you need a bigger change, then maybe consider cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cut it!!! Shoulder length is a great style because its not so short you can't do anything with it, but you can always chop off more if you decide to!

    This cut is kinda similar to Anne Hathaway's but with more layers (which I love):

    http://www.aaa-fashion.com/2009-medium-hairstyle-from-mandy-moore/

    As for red...its a love/hate relationship. The color is AMAZing but it does require a LOT of upkeep....so that one's up to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, if i have to learn the "news" along with everyone else on your blog, you are in serious trouble!! Just keep that in mind. As to the hair, I'm not sure you should cut it, I say color it and then decide. But I agree with everyone else, you will have to pay to have it colored way more often. Your hair is beautiful, maybe just find some other cool things to do with it. You know how much I hate teasers, so I expect a call tomorrow! :b

    ReplyDelete
  9. You crack me up! And you were right I was thinking BABY!!!! But freak yeah you should dye it red, you would look smokin'!! Love you and miss you

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

beard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger