I could go on....and on....and on...

11.12.2010

People are stupid. Religion seems to be the one thing that nobody can ever agree on. That and politics. And so many times those two just collide. Recently, while reading the comments about Elizabeth Smart's mission and CNN's description of a "Mormon mission", I'm shocked to find out some things about myself. How could I have never known this about my life???

Consider:

Did you know, that the Holocaust and the Mormon church are some how related in the way of conspiracy and cult-ish behavior?

Did you know that the Mormon church really ISN'T Christian??? News flash to me! And this whole time I thought that our church was centered around Jesus Christ. Have I been fooled?

Did you know....I have been brainwashed? So have you.

Did you know....That I'm part of a cult? AHH! Freaky! I didn't know. Those dang Mormon's are so tricky.

I learned today that because I'm Mormon, I have lost my creativity, my zeal for life, and am brain damaged. I always knew there was something wrong with me, I'm just glad someone named J2k11 or something informed me of that bit.

Any religion (like Mormonism) that takes up THAT much time (referring to missions) makes you totally miss out on life. Hey...I wonder if they knew about the 3 hours that we worship on Sundays, the mutual, relief society, ward basketball, visiting/home teaching, making dinner for new babies, meetings and everything else that we do is counted in that waste of time category. I really need to get a life.

best quote: "those nice Mormons are only nice if you play their game".
True. We might murder you with a plate of cookies. More possibly a casserole.

Did you know that Joseph Smith was a deranged, failed SCIENCE FICTION WRITER????
Wait.....are we talking about Ray Bradbury here? He's not Mormon. Or failed. Guess it's gotta be Joseph Smith.

I REALLY need to get to know my religion.

My take on this? Well, everytime I get dragged into reading the comments about some LDS controversy or another, I always leave fuming. Because....hey....I love hearing people telling me what I believe and how I feel. And I've always wanted to vent.

And after reading this I have come to three major conclusions:

#1: People who so viciously attack the church and their beliefs are (a)pretty dang sore about something that happened or (b) smarter than God.

#2: If someone really has an honest desire to know how the LDS church works, they will do their homework and come with honest and unbiased questions and an open mind. Otherwise they are looking to pick a fight.

and #3: This must be the true church or Satan wouldn't using every ounce of strength he has trying to oppose it.

His attempts seem like a childish temper tantrum to me in the long run. Sorry people. No matter what you believe and no matter how much you hate what we believe, this church will not change their opinion about gay marriage or anything else due to public opinion. Nice try though.

5 comments:

  1. I thought you really believed the first thing...and then I read the second about us not being Christian and than I realized you were being wonderfully sarcastic. Those depictions are frustrating about us. Especially when they misread someone like Elizabeth Smart who has been strong and used the atonement to overcome those horrible things that happened to her. They are totally missing the point. And it's scary that the so called "educated" people that are informing us on whats going on around the world depict our church that way. What else do they have no idea about? I guess we just keep trying to do are best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant "our" best. I really can't bag on people when I misspelled a million things wrong. Notice how early my comment is...I just want my babies to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh i love you Elyse! :) always know how to put it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Elyse! 2 observations: #1 I love your testimony. #2 I have on occasion received cookies that tasted like murder was intended. And finally:
    “The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Else, you are the woman!! haha, I still LOVE your posts!!! And i'm with ya....the church is true!! I'm starting to better understand that no matter how strong our testimonies are or how many people we influence for good......there will always be somone trying to put the church down!! So, we take it with a grain of salt and just keep pressing forward!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

beard All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger